Ryuji at Beaupix does an excellent job. I needed professional headshots done for my LinkedIn and he helped to get the perfect one! His process is very good and the results are of high quality. He is also very knowledgeable about many industries and the best style of portraits for them. John K., Providence, RI on 19 June 2020
I really enjoyed working with Ryuji! He is a master of lighting and imaging technology, but also has great insight on how a photograph can communicate so much to the viewer. Ryuji takes the time to understand who will be viewing your image and discusses how they will feel, and what they will think when they see your image. Overall a wonderful experience and a great result! – Thomas Jozefiak 1 Sep 2018
A friend of mine went to Ryuji to get photos for his online dating profile. He told me that after switching to Ryuji’s pictures, he started having a lot more success. Based on his recommendation, I went to Ryuji to get my own profile pictures. From his website to the preliminary phone discussion and on to the photo session itself, I was astounded by how much care and sophistication he brought to the entire process. He provides an incredible amount of information up front to help you prepare for the session and ensure that you get what you were hoping from the shoot. He’s an engaging and fascinating person to talk to as you work with him, which makes the session fly by, but looking back on it, I can see how his deep experience and professionalism went into making the session efficient, productive, and effective. – Evan Busch 6 Feb 2019
Very talented photographer, attentive to details, encouraging along the way! His curiosity about human nature makes it possible for him to capture your individuality and character in photos. Highly recommend! – Olga U Nov 17, 2016
Just shot a new headshots with Ryuji and I absolutely loved it!!! I loved how professional he was during the session and, at the same time, made me feel very comfortable and I was relaxed. He asked me questions to put me in the mood, which is super important for headshot session and the photos came out just great! I worked with a few great photographers before, but i can tell he has a lot of passion for what he does!! I got the best headshots from Ryuji! Thank you so much! – Guy C. Somerville, MA on 4/2/2019
This was the first time in my career sitting for a formal headshot. I had avoided it for several reasons including the common “I hate getting my picture taken” excuse. Ryuji allayed all my concerns. He educated me on how to highlight (or downplay) certain features. He also arranged for a make-up artist who was phenomenal. The overall result was a genuine representation of who I am as a person, not just a professional. The touch-ups were simple and natural without being disingenuous. I am grateful for his instruction and feedback. He is a true artist and consummate professional. – Jennifer DiMarco Boston, MA on 4 Nov 2018
Couldn’t have had a more positive experience, from beginning to end! Not only is Ryuji an amazingly skilled photographer, he’s absolutely hilarious and a fascinating individual. I needed a corporate headshot for my company’s website and the results truly exceeded all expectations. I’m not someone that generally enjoys having my picture taken, so naturally I wasn’t looking forward to this appointment. It turned out to be such an enjoyable experience and I had a great day. Ryuji is extremely talented and his ability to connect with people on a real level makes him exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a professional photographer that truly listens to your vision and executes on it. I also had my makeup done before the shoot with Ryuji’s makeup artist; I would highly recommend using her! They are a great team! – Stacie McLean 14 Mar 2019
I was looking for headshots for my CV and I got fantastic pictures that really show me. I am very happy with the results, and I actually enjoyed the process a lot, which I had not necessarily expected. Ryuji’s instructions, both before the shot and during it, were very clear and helpful. His whole studio setup and demeanor was very professional and it was clear that he is both an artist and a scientist in how he took the pictures. I enjoyed that we selected the best pictures together, so I had input and could choose the style I preferred. Overall fantastic experience. If you want some quality professional headshots, Beaupix Studio is definitely worth the investment. – Johanna B. San Francisco, CA on 4/28/2019
Ryuji is by far the best photographer with whom I’ve ever worked. Yes, his work product was exceptional, but more than that, he was an engaging, thoughtful professional. It is rare to find his level of talent, especially in a person with his caliber of character. The easiest 5 stars I’ve ever given. – Justin Maloney 3 Nov 2018
I’m a marketing professional who was looking for a new headshot. Working with Ryuji was amazing! He is a very skilled photographer who knows exactly what he is doing. I felt a bit uneasy knowing that I needed a new photo taken, but Ryuji made me feel very comfortable. We had some great conversations and I really enjoyed my time in his studio. Very happy with my picture – HIGHLY recommended! – Ali Soufan 28 Jan 2019
So glad that I decided to go with Beaupix for my profession headshot today. I needed the picture for my job as a dentist for the office website. Beaupix studio has a great reputation with so many great reviews that caught my eyes immediately. After carefully checking Beaupix website, I was very impressed with how organized and rich the information on the website is. It allowed me to better prepare myself in advance of the shoot. Ryuji Suzuki, the owner and photographer of Beaupix studio, was very easy to work with. He has a Ph.D background in Neuroscience from MIT (impressive right?!). He is a super intelligent artist who knows how to make you look like a million bucks. And the price you have to pay is worth every penny. Trust me. I will definitely choose Beaupix again for the future. – Lihua S. Brookline, MA on 4/18/2019
I highly recommend Beaupix Studio. Ryuji Suzuki is an excellent photographer and his headshots are stunning. This is the second time I have worked with him and again, I couldn’t be happier with my photographs. He is very pleasant to work with, gives meticulous attention to detail (before, during and after the shoot) and is located in a spacious and comfortable studio. Everything about my headshot experience was positive and I ended up with two looks that exceeded my expectations. Ryuji Suzuki’s work is of the highest caliber and he is the photographer who can make your headshot memorable. – Rebecca P. 6/11/2017
I’ve worked with many top photographers over the years for work and personal shots, and Ryuji of Beaux Studio is seriously one of the best photographers out there! Do not waste your time and money going anywhere else when it comes to getting a photograph that not only authentically represents who you are, your brand, but creates an image that projects the best parts of you. He is a master at understanding your mindset and working with you whether you are camera shy or love the limelight. He is an expert artist, marketer and creative business owner. Most importantly, he cares deeply that you are satisfied with the results and not tied up in his own ego. Listen carefully to all of his advice to prepare for the photo – he truly knows what he is doing and is going to produce a meaningful and effective photograph for you! – Alicia H. Weston, MA on 11/15/2014
Before meeting with Ryuji Suzuki, I always dreaded getting a professional head shot. I was beginning applications and interviews, so I knew it was time to get an updated one. In one line, Ryuji Suzuki is the ONLY photographer in Boston you should book for your photos. Here’s why:
1) He is the highest level of professional. He communicated with me promptly and respectfully. He was courteous when I arrived and throughout my entire appointment. I also received a completely upfront and transparent estimate of what I would receive and the costs associated without any hidden charges or dramatic mark ups. He provides detailed email instructions on how to arrive, what to wear, etc. It was perfect.
2) He listens to you. I would think it would be a given in any professional photography consultation, but I felt in my experiences with other photographers, although they may listen, they don’t really hear you or what you are looking for. Not only does he listen, he also confirms what you are looking for and what your expectations are so he can better meet them.
3) He gives you value. I’m a student (have been for almost a decade now). Although I favor quality over cost, I also am pretty strict about my budget. I did a fair amount of research before choosing Beaupix, and I am 100% confident I made the right decision choosing Ryuji. In addition to the fair price points, immediately after taking my portraits he gave me full decision making capacity on choosing and or optimizing the photos to look their best. So unexpected, and yet so amazing.
4) He is a knowledgable expert. To be honest, photography is far out of my scope of expertise. It seemed the minute I stepped into his studio, he did everything effortlessly and efficiently. There was no long set up, no waiting, and no fuss. He knew exactly what he was doing in every shot and it all flowed together seamlessly. His knowledge shows in the superior quality of his photographs.
5) He is honest. It’s hard to pick a photo of yourself sometimes. Although I have a general sense of what I like, I wanted an outside opinion on what headshot would be the most effective and professional. I like that Ryuji doesn’t try to tell you what he thinks you want to hear, but instead gives you his honest opinion and will even explain his rationale. I like that he is straightforward and logical. That’s hard to come by.
6) He is easy to get along with. After 5 minutes of talking with him, I felt like I was chatting with an old friend. He is incredibly humble and down to earth. He also enjoys talking about almost anything, from cooking and traveling to science and economics. It was such a comfortable environment that my normal uptightness really disappeared during the photoshoot (and made the headshots even that much better).
7) He has WEEKEND appointments. I don’t know about you, but leaving school/work during the week for a photography session is more or less impossible for me. The fact that he had weekend appointments and was very flexible with my schedule was tremendously helpful (and rare).
All in all, he is the perfect professional photographer. A 10+++ out of 10. No need to search beyond him, book him asap. Best of luck! – Hena A. Boston, MA on 6/18/2017