What we don’t book
We do not book wedding photography, family portraits, engagement session, passport photo, party photo. However, we do shoot corporate events.
We book modeling comp card/portfolio work only as you sign with a legitimate agency and contacted through professional channels. See this page for information for process to become a new model.
Most 5-star reviews among Boston area photogs ★★★★★
If you think we are cherry picking these (which we are, there are more than 250 five-star reviews), check all reviews in reverse chronological order.
Ryuji doesn't just get results. He makes it fun. – Omar S.
I highly recommend Beaupix Studio. Ryuji Suzuki is an excellent photographer and his headshots are stunning. This is the second time I have worked with him and again, I couldn't be happier with my photographs. He is very pleasant to work with, gives meticulous attention to detail (before, during and after the shoot) and is located in a spacious and comfortable studio. Everything about my headshot experience was positive and I ended up with two looks that exceeded my expectations. Ryuji Suzuki's work is of the highest caliber and he is the photographer who can make your headshot memorable. – Rebecca P.
I'm an aspiring actor, so it's necessary for me to have headshots, and I do NOT have any regrets on choosing BEAUPIX. The photographer, Ryuji, knew I was nervous, and made it so easy for me. He even played some of my favorite music during the session. His patience and expertise made me more comfortable and relaxed, which resulted in some excellent photos. We worked well as a team. He has a lot of knowledge about the industry and made great suggestions. He even taught me a few things about cameras and the editing process. If you need headshots, go to BEAUPIX. Your money does not go to waste. And it's safe to say that if I ever need more headshots, I know where I'm going. – John Cellini
I am an opera singer and contacted Beaupix studios for some updated headshots for the upcoming audition season. I go to NYC frequently for lessons and coachings and could have easily booked a session for a photoshoot in NY. I decided to try a local Boston photographer that was more accesible and convenient for me so I wouldn't interrupt my musical studies with my limited 2 days per week in NYC. After some careful research and reviews on Ryuji, I decided to to give him a shot. I was completely astounded by his vast knowledge in the art, and his passion for what he does. There is a meticulous and methodical approach to his work even right up to the selection of the best photographs. He is also extremely encouraging and coaches well to help you shoot the best. He gave me so many pointers on improvement for an even more successful and efficient future shoot. For someone like me who did not have much of a clue about photographs, I was well informed to give me the confidence to have an excellent shoot. I will most definitely recommend anyone to Ryuji, especially if headshots are needed. You will not regret it and enjoy shooting pics more than ever! – Joel E.
One of the best experiences of my life! Ryuji takes the time to know you and coaches you throughout the whole process. He really knows how to capture the best moment and has a natural talent in picking up your personality which shows in the pictures unlike any other photographer I have ever known. Personally, I am not a natural at taking great pictures, but with his expertise, patience and talent, I was able to feel relaxed and he took some amazing pictures! I am very happy with the results and would recommend his studio to anyone looking for a professional picture, corporate headshot or for use in their marketing plan. Looking forward to working with him in the future for other projects for my business. – Jean S.
Ryuji is a true artist and working with him has transformed how I look at a headshot. He manages to take numerous photos and harvest a handful of photos that tell the story the client wants to share, all in a stress-free atmosphere. Ryuji has a keen understanding of aesthetics and sees the character in each smirk, squint and head tilt; it was as educational for me as it was productive.
We did a session for two headshots - one more formal indoors and another less stuffy outdoors. I ended with a few images and I love them all. The shoot was easy and Ryuji is terribly interesting so it's quite easy to make conversation and relax.
The studio is in the Midway Building and it's wonderful. There is a lot of texture - backdrops, industrial doors and windows, exposed brick and more. You could get a dozen different wonderful photos without leaving his space.
Ultimately, I paid a very reasonable price, I had no problem scheduling it, Ryuji was a true professional and friendly, and I loved the results. I honestly wish I could give it ten stars. Highly recommended. I will go back again (and my wife will be going soon as well). – Anthony C.
Before meeting with Ryuji Suzuki, I always dreaded getting a professional head shot. I was beginning applications and interviews, so I knew it was time to get an updated one. In one line, Ryuji Suzuki is the ONLY photographer in Boston you should book for your photos. Here's why:
1) He is the highest level of professional. He communicated with me promptly and respectfully. He was courteous when I arrived and throughout my entire appointment. I also received a completely upfront and transparent estimate of what I would receive and the costs associated without any hidden charges or dramatic mark ups. He provides detailed email instructions on how to arrive, what to wear, etc. It was perfect.
2) He listens to you. I would think it would be a given in any professional photography consultation, but I felt in my experiences with other photographers, although they may listen, they don't really hear you or what you are looking for. Not only does he listen, he also confirms what you are looking for and what your expectations are so he can better meet them.
3) He gives you value. I'm a student (have been for almost a decade now). Although I favor quality over cost, I also am pretty strict about my budget. I did a fair amount of research before choosing Beaupix, and I am 100% confident I made the right decision choosing Ryuji. In addition to the fair price points, immediately after taking my portraits he gave me full decision making capacity on choosing and or optimizing the photos to look their best. So unexpected, and yet so amazing.
4) He is a knowledgable expert. To be honest, photography is far out of my scope of expertise. It seemed the minute I stepped into his studio, he did everything effortlessly and efficiently. There was no long set up, no waiting, and no fuss. He knew exactly what he was doing in every shot and it all flowed together seamlessly. His knowledge shows in the superior quality of his photographs.
5) He is honest. It's hard to pick a photo of yourself sometimes. Although I have a general sense of what I like, I wanted an outside opinion on what headshot would be the most effective and professional. I like that Ryuji doesn't try to tell you what he thinks you want to hear, but instead gives you his honest opinion and will even explain his rationale. I like that he is straightforward and logical. That's hard to come by.
6) He is easy to get along with. After 5 minutes of talking with him, I felt like I was chatting with an old friend. He is incredibly humble and down to earth. He also enjoys talking about almost anything, from cooking and traveling to science and economics. It was such a comfortable environment that my normal uptightness really disappeared during the photoshoot (and made the headshots even that much better).
7) He has WEEKEND appointments. I don't know about you, but leaving school/work during the week for a photography session is more or less impossible for me. The fact that he had weekend appointments and was very flexible with my schedule was tremendously helpful (and rare).
All in all, he is the perfect professional photographer. A 10+++ out of 10. No need to search beyond him, book him asap. Best of luck!