Boston photographer on personality
Personality is power. Let your headshot depict your personality in a calm, positive attitude. This approach gives life and identity to your headshot, the most visible representation of your personal brand and success story. Many clients chose us because of our personality-centric portraits.
Below, several most popular photographic styles. Use the navigation menu or site map to find all.
- Look confident, lively and enthusiastic about your corporate career.
- For traditional industries, making your LinkedIn profile & professional bio credible.
- Looking for a new job secretly?
- Common mistake 1: coming across as mentally compressed or unapproachable, when you wanted calm, competent look.
- Common mistake 2: keeping your old headshot for a younger look, failing to show your experience.
- Common mistake 3: take a casual snapshot, crop it and call it a headshot. People will know what you're doing!
- See traditional headshots for more info, sample image portfolio, packages/pricing. The session is easy, painless and engaging process.
- Natural and genuine, authentic look, suitable for skill-based professionals.
- Favorite among architects, authors, designers, dentists, and technology companies.
- No need to put "experienced" or "accomplished" on your LinkedIn bio if the picture says it.
- It's more about you and your professional role, rather than your company!
- Ideal for LinkedIn profile and professional bio. Looking for a new job secretly?
- See professional headshots page for more information, portfolios, packages and prices.
- Show your personality in your acting characters.
- Only show what matters to the casting directors, in the best light.
- Common mistake: trying to make headshots look fancy. Keep it clean-cut and focus on your face!
- Natural look retouching enhances the skin without misrepresenting (optional).
- See actor headshots page for more information, portfolio, package/price options.
A visual tool that communicates who you are... connecting with new people:
- Online dating profile pictures, especially for
- Personal branding, especially for relationship-based businesses and networking,
- Audience engagement for leaders, celebrities, and rock stars!
- Graduation, just moved to Boston or other personal milestones
- Common mistake: letting your friend or intern take these pictures. People can tell when the picture looks awkward or lacks personality. (Selfies are a non-starter.)
See personality portraits page for portfolio, packages/pricing and more. Remember: people look at your pictures before they read the text!
For your company's marketing, branding, PR and other content creation:
- Executive personality portraits (on location)
- On-site headshots (large groups)
- Group portraits
- Healthcare: photo for medical/dental practice
- Corporate event photo, documentary style
- Excellent photographs are also important for team building & talent attraction!
Even if you are unable to hire us, there are some useful information on this site:
- How to take headshots at home
- How to apply makeup for headshots
- Portrait lighting technique to enhance or diminish important details
- Managing double chins for photography
- Think before shooting your group shots
- Serious headshot advice for starting actors
Most 5-star reviews among Boston area photogs ★★★★★
If you think we are cherry picking these (which we are, there are more than 250 five-star reviews), check all reviews in reverse chronological order.
Ryuji doesn't just get results. He makes it fun. – Omar S.
I'm an aspiring actor, so it's necessary for me to have headshots, and I do NOT have any regrets on choosing BEAUPIX. The photographer, Ryuji, knew I was nervous, and made it so easy for me. He even played some of my favorite music during the session. His patience and expertise made me more comfortable and relaxed, which resulted in some excellent photos. We worked well as a team. He has a lot of knowledge about the industry and made great suggestions. He even taught me a few things about cameras and the editing process. If you need headshots, go to BEAUPIX. Your money does not go to waste. And it's safe to say that if I ever need more headshots, I know where I'm going. – John Cellini
I am an opera singer and contacted Beaupix studios for some updated headshots for the upcoming audition season. I go to NYC frequently for lessons and coachings and could have easily booked a session for a photoshoot in NY. I decided to try a local Boston photographer that was more accesible and convenient for me so I wouldn't interrupt my musical studies with my limited 2 days per week in NYC. After some careful research and reviews on Ryuji, I decided to to give him a shot. I was completely astounded by his vast knowledge in the art, and his passion for what he does. There is a meticulous and methodical approach to his work even right up to the selection of the best photographs. He is also extremely encouraging and coaches well to help you shoot the best. He gave me so many pointers on improvement for an even more successful and efficient future shoot. For someone like me who did not have much of a clue about photographs, I was well informed to give me the confidence to have an excellent shoot. I will most definitely recommend anyone to Ryuji, especially if headshots are needed. You will not regret it and enjoy shooting pics more than ever! – Joel E.
I've worked with many top photographers over the years for work and personal shots, and Ryuji of Beaux Studio is seriously one of the best photographers out there! Do not waste your time and money going anywhere else when it comes to getting a photograph that not only authentically represents who you are, your brand, but creates an image that projects the best parts of you. He is a master at understanding your mindset and working with you whether you are camera shy or love the limelight. He is an expert artist, marketer and creative business owner. Most importantly, he cares deeply that you are satisfied with the results and not tied up in his own ego. Listen carefully to all of his advice to prepare for the photo - he truly knows what he is doing and is going to produce a meaningful and effective photograph for you! – Alicia H.
One of the best experiences of my life! Ryuji takes the time to know you and coaches you throughout the whole process. He really knows how to capture the best moment and has a natural talent in picking up your personality which shows in the pictures unlike any other photographer I have ever known. Personally, I am not a natural at taking great pictures, but with his expertise, patience and talent, I was able to feel relaxed and he took some amazing pictures! I am very happy with the results and would recommend his studio to anyone looking for a professional picture, corporate headshot or for use in their marketing plan. Looking forward to working with him in the future for other projects for my business. – Jean S.
My headshot session with Ryuji went super well, and I'm so pleased with the results. He really cares about capturing a person's emotion, which is great in any picture but especially important in actor headshots. I felt so relaxed and had more and more fun in front of the camera the more the shoot went on. I also liked how he showed me the pictures often during the session, so I knew how I was doing and which shots I wanted to go for next. I left with so many usable, dynamic pictures! My friends and family love them too. If you're looking for very high quality actor headshots at a very reasonable price, you've found your guy. – Sam E.
Ryuji is a true artist and working with him has transformed how I look at a headshot. He manages to take numerous photos and harvest a handful of photos that tell the story the client wants to share, all in a stress-free atmosphere. Ryuji has a keen understanding of aesthetics and sees the character in each smirk, squint and head tilt; it was as educational for me as it was productive.
We did a session for two headshots - one more formal indoors and another less stuffy outdoors. I ended with a few images and I love them all. The shoot was easy and Ryuji is terribly interesting so it's quite easy to make conversation and relax.
The studio is in the Midway Building and it's wonderful. There is a lot of texture - backdrops, industrial doors and windows, exposed brick and more. You could get a dozen different wonderful photos without leaving his space.
Ultimately, I paid a very reasonable price, I had no problem scheduling it, Ryuji was a true professional and friendly, and I loved the results. I honestly wish I could give it ten stars. Highly recommended. I will go back again (and my wife will be going soon as well). – Anthony C.
Before meeting with Ryuji Suzuki, I always dreaded getting a professional head shot. I was beginning applications and interviews, so I knew it was time to get an updated one. In one line, Ryuji Suzuki is the ONLY photographer in Boston you should book for your photos. Here's why:
2) He listens to you. I would think it would be a given in any professional photography consultation, but I felt in my experiences with other photographers, although they may listen, they don't really hear you or what you are looking for. Not only does he listen, he also confirms what you are looking for and what your expectations are so he can better meet them.
3) He gives you value. I'm a student (have been for almost a decade now). Although I favor quality over cost, I also am pretty strict about my budget. I did a fair amount of research before choosing Beaupix, and I am 100% confident I made the right decision choosing Ryuji. In addition to the fair price points, immediately after taking my portraits he gave me full decision making capacity on choosing and or optimizing the photos to look their best. So unexpected, and yet so amazing.
4) He is a knowledgable expert. To be honest, photography is far out of my scope of expertise. It seemed the minute I stepped into his studio, he did everything effortlessly and efficiently. There was no long set up, no waiting, and no fuss. He knew exactly what he was doing in every shot and it all flowed together seamlessly. His knowledge shows in the superior quality of his photographs.
5) He is honest. It's hard to pick a photo of yourself sometimes. Although I have a general sense of what I like, I wanted an outside opinion on what headshot would be the most effective and professional. I like that Ryuji doesn't try to tell you what he thinks you want to hear, but instead gives you his honest opinion and will even explain his rationale. I like that he is straightforward and logical. That's hard to come by.
6) He is easy to get along with. After 5 minutes of talking with him, I felt like I was chatting with an old friend. He is incredibly humble and down to earth. He also enjoys talking about almost anything, from cooking and traveling to science and economics. It was such a comfortable environment that my normal uptightness really disappeared during the photoshoot (and made the headshots even that much better).
7) He has WEEKEND appointments. I don't know about you, but leaving school/work during the week for a photography session is more or less impossible for me. The fact that he had weekend appointments and was very flexible with my schedule was tremendously helpful (and rare).
All in all, he is the perfect professional photographer. A 10+++ out of 10. No need to search beyond him, book him asap. Best of luck!